Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fingerprints.

It just occurred to me that I'm leaving very soon.

Like, very soon. As in, I-only-have-one-month-left-with-all-my-people kind of soon. Yes, I know it took a while to sink in, that it took me a while to realize this. But I don't think that it's something you realize until it's late, almost too late for you to say those goodbyes and chase those regrets away. Because there are some things I know that will never be the same, like:


Life in the IB room.



Camwhoring with my people.

The birthday parties.


History lessons.

Cosplaying with my buddies.

Cheryl and MSN almost every night.



Just chilling out.

Sarah and her apples. (This just had to be included)

This idiot and the other idiot. (Can't find a picture of her)

Moments like this.

I don't know what else to say, really. It's just that I never realized this before. I've been chasing a future, chasing my future, chasing the fact that I'm about to grow up. And all of a sudden it hits me that maybe that isn't what I want just yet. Maybe I want some more time.

Frick, I HAVE to make it to Red Box on Friday. Dudes and dudettes, I can't go out on Thursday :( My parents want me to go to some fancy-shmancy dinner, but I promise I'll see you guys a lot before I leave. I've also got to see Ning, Luo Yi, Shin Dee, Li Yun, hopefully Alex if he comes back. And many more of you.

Because, as Katy Perry puts it,

It's my life and I'm not sitting
On the sidelines watching it
Pass me by, I'm leaving you my legacy I

I gotta make my mark, I gotta run it hard
I want you to remember me
I'm leaving my fingerprints

I'm leaving my fingerprints

I'm leaving my fingerprints on you


I'm going to miss everyone so badly they don't know it.

There are certain things and people that can't be replaced.

I don't want to grow up :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment