Friday, September 25, 2009

London

Since Jasryn demanded an update, well, here I am! Blogging live from London to the world :]

University is good. At first it was quite miserable since I was the only person in my flat but now my flatmates have all moved in, and they're really nice so I'm happy. There are six girls and one boy- yes I know, lucky guy huh? Anyway. The girls are:

Jude >> English girl from Surrey, blonde, very outgoing. Likes to party a lot and is very amusing when drunk. Like a few days ago there was a boat party and she ran up to dance to this one song and then just slipped. Like just slipped on the floor completely randomly. Then on the way back we passed a pole thing and then she did the limbo with the rest of the guys. Doing English and Spanish.

Jorin >> Other Malaysian girl doing law. Seems quite nice and friendly. I hang out with her and this one girl from Hong Kong, Jasamine, a lot. Likes shopping. Went shopping with me, Jasamine, and another friend Joelle (from London) yesterday. Did not buy anything but marked various items that she could wheedle her parents into buying for her. I laughed.

Qandeel >> Pakistani girl but is a British citizen. Doing Biomed so is therefore smart. Accidentally was fed alcohol by Robert (male flatmate) because we didn't know that there was alcohol in balsamic vinegar. Has been eating almost nothing but tea and jaffa cakes since she came here. Also has really nice fashion sense.

Hayley >> Pretty, English girl from Manchester. Seems smart. Gets drunk really easily and goes all wooooooo la la la la laaaaaa when drunk. Is not a natural blonde but we all thought she was. Doesn't mean she's stupid though, in fact she was mentioning that she gets all f;lakdsfas;;;;; about grades. Claims to be a shitty chef but she hasn't burned anything yet... So we shall see.

Chloe >> From Kent which is really not far from here, so is going home for the weekend and is making her mother do her laundry. Lucky her! Like the other girls in our flat, is quite outgoing and friendly. Heck, most- no, all of the girls in our flat are outgoing and friendly. Her room is a complete mess. I wonder why mine isn't yet.

Me >> The awesome one.

And there are a ton of other people that I've met, and the boys in the flat next to ours hang out with the girls in our flat a lot, though I can't say I know them very well cause they're all too busy getting drunk together. The girls in the flat next to ours? One's sweet, lovely, but kinda quiet (Joelle) and the other disappears every morning and leaves a note on the table for them telling them things like:

"I'll be gone, will be back by midnight." And since she leaves at like 7 in the morning nobody has really seen her. I've seen her like... once. Heck people are all calling her different names, like Mary, Annmarie, Marie, nobody is even sure what her name is! Anyway. The boy in our flat is called Robert and I am sure he's kinda confused as to what to do with so many loud, outgoing girls X) Poor him.

People in Law seem nice. There's a girl from Hong Kong called Jasamine that's awesome, we get along really well, so that's great. There are a ton of Singaporeans and quite a lot of Malaysians, which is a good and bad thing I guess.

But I shall try to mingle so I get to meet more people! Even if my closest friends are all Asian I will at least try not to be so cliquish. That's my resolution for the year. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment