Sunday, June 21, 2009

Explaining Crossplay to Dummies for Dummies

Last night, my cousin had a dinner at his house, in which he invited his debater friends to come over and eat pizza and Chinese noodles... Only we had to sit at the table for hours at a time, the courses came out one by one, and by the end of it I was just dying to go on the internet and wall-spam someone or other on Facebook. It wasn't that the people were boring, really.

After all, the dinner did spawn one gem. My aunt mentioned that I was going to CosFest in a futile attempt to include me in the conversation- for those of you that don't know, when I'm with a group of people that all know each other, I'm very quiet if I don't know at least two or three of them. This is the most talking I did throughout the entire dinner. Hard to believe, I know, but:

TOPIC: WHAT IS CROSSPLAY?

Ben: So what's crossplay?
Me: Oh! That's when a girl dresses up as a guy character and when a guy dresses up as a girl character. Basically it looks a lot better most of the time when girls do it because guys tend to look funny in girl outfits, and a lot of anime guys are kinda pretty so yeah. Anyway can you imagine someone like RJ in a skirt? I don't want t-
-Everyone is staring at me in a funny funny manner-
Ben: 0_o IS THAT WHAT CROSSPLAY IS?
Me: :D :D YEAH. Haha. It's kind of weird but common, and-
Ms. C: ... You sure?
Me: He asked about crossplay! So anyway-

At which point, Ms. C is like, "He was talking about COSPLAY."

And I commit mental harakiri.

EDIT: If a cosplayer -cough- LUO YI -cough- crossplays as General Cross, does that make her a Cross crossplayer? Or does that make her a crossplaying Cross?

EDIT 2: If Crossburn crossplays... What does that make him?

0 comments:

Post a Comment