Friday, July 10, 2009

Reflection.

It seems as if I have been emo-ing lately.

Okay, maybe that's an understatement... But I leave for Singapore with Jianing and Li Yun in a few minutes. May or may not post about our epic adventures there depending on how I feel about them. What you will see, though, are photos on Facebook, and posts including some about us being high on sugar.

For those of you that have e-mailed or commented, thanks so much. You don't know how much I've needed this. And for those of you that haven't, I want one million dollars at my doorstep tomorrow morning, along with a few bars of Cherry Ripe. Deliverable to Lim Wei Yun, and if a Mr. Klar tries to steal them from you bribe him with a few episodes of Axis Powers Hetalia.

... I just realized that he'll be able to read this. My blog, I mean, seeing as how all my posts get imported into my Facebook notes. But oh well. Err. Hello if you're reading this?

Oh well. Doesn't matter so much. For the moment, hasta la vista, don't miss me too much, yadda yadda yadda. I laughed two days ago, and am smiling now. There isn't any point in my moping around. All I can do is transform my sadness into proactivity, appeal to the universities, and hope for the best. And continue writing, posting, talking to people, going on with life as usual. Prudy, much as I hate to admit it, is right:

Hello!
Since you check your emails obsessively, I think you'll get this. But if you don't want to read any sort of "cheering up" emails yet, then please ignore this until you want to.
I don't think anything I saw anytime soon will make you feel better. But time will. Time heals all wounds. Its been a few days, and we're all coming to terms with what we've done to ourselves. Whatever it is, I just wanted you to know that nothing is over until you admit defeat. I understand you think its horrible, but its not. The event has passed. I hope you know that there is only one way - forward. You didn't fall on your back. Its not broken. Nothing like a little treatment to heal it. I think its pretty obvious, but life is filled with ups and downs (believe me, I've had my fair share of those), but its that we find solutions and keep looking forward, and never letting it prevent us from living our lives the way we WANT it to be led, the way it should be led.
You have time and youth. The possibilities are out there. Whether it is appealing, Australia or whatever, there are always options. Good luck.
To live in the past for too long, we become unable to see the paths in our future. It is the future that we should look to. So I dunno how you'll take this, but no matter how many times you refresh, it stays the same. You can't change the past. You can change the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment