Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rules.

1) I will allocate myself two to three hours of writing time every day, each day starting when I wake up and ending when I go to sleep. More, if I feel like it.

2) In those hours of writing time, I will not sleep, check Facebook, update Twitter, read blogs, or do anything else other than write. If I break this rule, I will have to disconnect my internet and leave my room until the two hours are up.

3) If I break Rule 1 more than twice a week, I will restrict myself from RP-ing, going out with friends, and the purchasing of candy.

4) If the first draft of my novel is not AT LEAST halfway finished by the time summer is out, I will not allow myself to have a farewell party before I leave for university, and if it is not halfway finished before London MCM Expo I will not allow myself to go. At all.

5) Writing time should take priority over going out with friends and having a social life in general.

6) If I am feeling too miserable to write, IT IS AN EXCUSE. I AM LYING TO MYSELF.

7) I will produce at least 500 words a day. If I do not, the two-hour rule does not apply- I will at least write until 500 words have been written.

This begins tomorrow. And ends when I leave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment